Health checks (BHR)
The Barking and Dagenham, Havering & Redbridge CCG Health check project uses a DDS query to identify all individuals who are eligible for an NHS Health Check.
Eligible patients are offered a health check once in a five year period and then recalled every five years from the date on which the previous health check was offered.
All patients registered with Barking & Dagenham, Havering, or Redbridge CCGs.
All patients aged between 40-74 years with no pre-existing conditions and who haven't had a health check in the previous five years.
The pre-existing conditions checked are:
- coronary heart disease
- chronic kidney disease (CKD) that has been classified as stage 3, 4 or 5 within the meaning of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) clinical guideline 182 on CKD
- atrial fibrillation
- transient ischaemic attack
- heart failure
- peripheral arterial disease
Plus any patients who:
- are currently being prescribed statins for the purpose of lowering cholesterol.
- have previously had an NHS Health Check, or any other check undertaken through the health service in England, and found to have a 20% or higher risk of developing cardiovascular disease over the next 10 years.